Monday, April 02, 2007

Utter Sweetness

Every so often Caleb does the smallest, cutest, most precious thing that makes me want to just hug him forever.

In the last few weeks we introduced Caleb to the concept of a "best friend." At first, he came home from school with a different best friend each day. One day it was "the new Jasmin* is my best friend." The next day "Alana is my best friend". Kaitlin has lasted the longest and I think it's because she loves Little Einsteins just as much as he does. Caleb says that they play "Little Einsteins" at school. He is "Leo" and she is "June".

Last night, as we were getting ready for bed Caleb asked me, "Mommy, are you happy?"

I said, "yes, Caleb, I'm happy"

He said, "I'm happy too. I'm happy because you are my best mommy"

Just typing it gives me warm fuzzies all over again. :)

*I asked his teachers why he calls her "the new Jasmin" and they said it's a new girl. She doesn't speak very much English and for some reason she is very drawn to Caleb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home