Wednesday, November 15, 2006

God is good, God is great

God is good, God is great.
Let us thank him for our food.
In Jesus name, Amen.


That is the prayer that Caleb says before every meal. We often think that our children learn from us, afterall we are the parents. But more and more I'm realizing it a two way street. Caleb teaches me something everyday, whether it be a new prayer, a song or a more valuable lesson like praying before every meal.

While out at lunch one day, Caleb started to pray out loud. I looked around to see if anyone would hear him. Then, with complete conviction, I realized how wrong I was. I shouldn't be concerned about what people might think of my son praying. I should be praying with him. God sent his son to die for our sins and sometimes it seems like he sent my son to remind me to be a better Christian.

Someone did hear Caleb praying and commented on how great it was to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home